Theme: Justify your existence.
(an essay I wrote during my third year in high school)
I don't know. I don't know why I should exist. I have no purpose. My life goes around in circles. I am a rambling soul, confused and dazed, tripping over the same potholes over and over again. I would rather be devoured by nothingness, eaten by the abyss, and be remembered by oblivion. I wish to be nothing. I wish to be smaller than a speck of air. I wish to be sucked into a black hole and disappear forever. I am insignificant. Even computers say my name is misspelled. I have nothing to live for. I am stuck in this cursed place, waiting for Death to take me home, to take me inside the folds of its dark cloak, to swallow me and give rest to my soul by making me no more. I am useless, I am nothing. I do not even know if I exist, how am I to know why I should exist? I am lighter than hydrogen; my color is lighter than air. And you ask me why I should exist?
I don't know; why should I exist? Should I exist to experience a storm and be frightened by its power? Should I exist to breathe in the fresh morning air before the sun rises? Should I exist to feel the dew underneath my feet, pleasing my calloused heels?
Why should I exist? Is it to run uninhibited through the fields, yelling my name for the world to hear? Is it to feel the warmth of the sun beneath my fingertips, spreading delicious feeling throughout my body? Is it to hear the wind cry because of its wounds? Is it to build a stairway to heaven and eat the fluffy clouds? Is it to drown in the dark waters and rise gracefully? Is it to see a lightning storm and be exhilarated by its beauty?
Should I exist to run away forever? Should I exist to die senselessly? Should I exist to live life as meaningless and as bland as I can. Should I exist to cry helplessly and feel futility eat my insides? Or should I exist to fly by first chaining myself to the ground?
I don't know. I don't know why I should exist. I have no purpose. My life goes around in circles. I am a rambling soul, confused and dazed, tripping over the same potholes over and over again. I would rather be devoured by nothingness, eaten by the abyss, and be remembered by oblivion. I wish to be nothing. I wish to be smaller than a speck of air. I wish to be sucked into a black hole and disappear forever. I am insignificant. Even computers say my name is misspelled. I have nothing to live for. I am stuck in this cursed place, waiting for Death to take me home, to take me inside the folds of its dark cloak, to swallow me and give rest to my soul by making me no more. I am useless, I am nothing. I do not even know if I exist, how am I to know why I should exist? I am lighter than hydrogen; my color is lighter than air. And you ask me why I should exist?
I don't know; why should I exist? Should I exist to experience a storm and be frightened by its power? Should I exist to breathe in the fresh morning air before the sun rises? Should I exist to feel the dew underneath my feet, pleasing my calloused heels?
Why should I exist? Is it to run uninhibited through the fields, yelling my name for the world to hear? Is it to feel the warmth of the sun beneath my fingertips, spreading delicious feeling throughout my body? Is it to hear the wind cry because of its wounds? Is it to build a stairway to heaven and eat the fluffy clouds? Is it to drown in the dark waters and rise gracefully? Is it to see a lightning storm and be exhilarated by its beauty?
Should I exist to run away forever? Should I exist to die senselessly? Should I exist to live life as meaningless and as bland as I can. Should I exist to cry helplessly and feel futility eat my insides? Or should I exist to fly by first chaining myself to the ground?
Comments