Stars rarely speak.
We see the same set;
after all, we are nearer to each other
than the distance between the tightest
binary stars.
In the olden times, stars showed us our path;
stars reflected our true self.
In the vast unknown, is it a crime
to wish upon a star?
Stars rarely speak, but
sometimes, I talk to them, even if
we are not twins and
we are not stars.
Some nights, I call to each visible star
to light your way home.
I say thanks for their response,
even if they don’t speak.
We see the same set;
after all, we are nearer to each other
than the distance between the tightest
binary stars.
In the olden times, stars showed us our path;
stars reflected our true self.
In the vast unknown, is it a crime
to wish upon a star?
Stars rarely speak, but
sometimes, I talk to them, even if
we are not twins and
we are not stars.
Some nights, I call to each visible star
to light your way home.
I say thanks for their response,
even if they don’t speak.
Some nights, I pray to each
to extinguish this darkness.
The stars do not speak.
The night sky is silent.
We will never be stars;
we will never be twins.
But in the vast unknown,
in this great darkness,
we see the same set of stars.
And that is more than enough.
3/12/2019
we will never be twins.
But in the vast unknown,
in this great darkness,
we see the same set of stars.
And that is more than enough.
3/12/2019

Comments